Monday, May 25, 2009

He's Here!

After 23 hours of labor, Baby Schaugaard finally came! He ended up coming today at around 2:15 p.m. by C-Section because the little guy would not come out when it was time to push. The doctor was afraid that I had an infection because I got a fever of 102 during labor. Not good, and they didn't want to risk him being in there any longer. He is 8 lbs. and 6 oz., and 20 1/2 inches long. He has to be in the NICU for a while to make sure that he didn't get an infection. So far I have only been able to see him just right after the C-Section, but Gary has been able to visit him and take some cute pictures. 

1 comment:

Elena Loo said...

Yeah!! congrats, I'm sorry labor was so long, but you look amazing! Your baby is really beautiful. Congrats Meg and Gary, I'm so happy for you.