Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buzz & Woody or Airplanes?

So I may need your help deciding. We want to redo Tucker's room for his 2nd birthday in May.

I was originally thinking airplanes, because he likes them...and I can think of TONS of fun ideas to make stuff for the room etc. Gary was even going to make an airplane bed for him similar to this one.

Here's the custom fabric I designed for his new blanky.

tuckerFabric2



tuckerFabric


And I have an old dark blue suitcase that I was going to make into a little reading chair for his room like this one. I even have the legs screwed on already and was going to use airplane fabric to cover the cushions. I totally had the idea all in my head, then found out that I was not the first to think of this when I Google searched it and saw this one at Recreate.
I even have some fun Styrofoam model airplanes I found at the dollar store that I was going to paint to match and hang in his room.

But now, I think I may be choosing airplanes because I have so many ideas and not because Tucker would absolutely love it. Don't take me wrong, he would for sure like it---but not as much as a Buzz and Woody room. I can just imagine him hyperventilating (in a good way) if we unveil a Buzz and Woody Room!

He has two figurines that I got at the dollar store of Buzz and Woody. He seriously takes them EVERYWHERE. As Grandma Haroldsen puts it, "he will not have a problem losing his cell phone when he is older." If I don't see him with them, I'll ask him where Buzz and Woody are. He always seems to know exactly where they are. One time he even opened the fridge and pulled them out like, "See Mom, I put them right here in the fridge."


He is obsessed with all of the movies and has his very own favorite parts of the movies.

If we see anything at the store that has Buzz and Woody, he goes crazy, "Buhs! Wu-eey!"

So I'm debating which theme to choose! I was thinking if we do go with Buzz and Woody, we could make him a tent to cover his bed that looks like a Buzz Spaceship.
 And could use Buzz and Woody fabric for his blanket,

and glow in the dark stars for his ceiling.

What do you all think? What should we go with? Any suggestions or ideas for either theme?

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I love both ideas, but for me, I think of the "longevity" of the decorating. How long is he realistically going to love Buzz and Woody? I think with the airplane decor it can grow with him; slight modifications can be made to mature the room with him. However, if you're totally fine with re-doing everything from scratch in roughly five years, Toy Story wouldn't be a bad idea if he'll love it more.

.. said...

Love both ideas, but I think the airplane room would be awesome! The bed looks so cool! What kid wouldn't want an airplane bed?! I have a blog I look at on occasion that did an airplane room for her boy. If you want the website I can give it to you and you can look at her ides...that is...if you go with the airplane theme!

Elena Loo said...

Super fun! Both ideas. I think I also favor the airplanes for two reasons: it may last longer for him, and the suit case chair! That is the coolest thing! Our friends have a dresser that is made of old suit cases put together too. Its pretty cool. Either one you choose will be fantastic! Good luck!

Alyssa said...

I absolutely love the airplane theme! Man you guys are so creative! Can you come do Korb's room one day? But I think if he is totally in love with Buzz and Woody, I would probably do that one.

.. said...

http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/search/label/big%20boy%20room


Thats the airplane link!