Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Something Happens

Something happens when you become pregnant.
  • It is so weird to love someone you can't even see so much. 
  • I found out all those weird things you hear about pregnant women are true.
  • Every decision I make, I think about how it will affect this new little life. 
  • I get to sleep on a huge pregnancy pillow that takes up most of the bed. Gary is a trooper.
  • I wake up periodically through the night. I have never had trouble sleeping. Ever. I got pregnant, and then it was like BAM! Wake up every two hours! Is this official mom training or what?
  • My favorite is when I can feel the baby move. It's like he's saying, "Hey mom, stop freaking out. I'm fine."
  • I have never been more anxious for a school semester to be over.
  • I think about the odds of the one in a million chances of rare birth-defects.
  • Every time I look at a little baby, I am more in awe than ever at the miracle of life.
  • I never felt so aware of my surroundings and my safety. It's not just me I'm looking out for here now.
  • I see my husband in some amazing new light. This guy that I have fallen in love with is our baby's father. I couldn't be happier than knowing we get to experience this together.
  • My feelings for the gospel and the Plan of Salvation have reached greater depths. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father's Plan includes families and a way for them to be together forever. 

10 comments:

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

oh you are so cute megs!! Im so excited for you to be a mommy!! What a lucky little boy to have such cool parents as you and Gary!!

Elena Loo said...

Amen sista! I totally agree with you 100%, I'm so happy you're getting to experience all this joy and amazing miracle. Love you!! I can't wait to meet the beautiful boy!

Rachelle said...

That was a sweet post Megs! How fun to be a parent! You and Gary will be amazing! Im imagining you are going to have a baby shower up north...send me an invite will ya? Oh...and by the way, that drink was Big Red! hahah...so funny you remember that!

Alyssa said...

What a great blog!! It shows me how much I have to look forward to! And it sounds like you guys will be amazing parents! I am excited to see prego pictures as the months go on!

The Dicksons said...

What is this pillow? That looks fabulous! Where did you get it? right now i just have like 4 pillows.

Chris & Colee said...

Megan!! Holy crap its been forever....Do you remember me? Nicole Cornwell? I was just looking through all my old things and found notes and stuff from you! How funny! Congrats on the baby! They are so much fun Ü I'd love to catch up!

Trevor + Tiffany said...

Congrats on the babes!! I think it's the best too...until 7 mos. then I just go downhill from there (maybe if I didn't gain 60+ lbs) :) Anyway, I really am so happy and excited for you!!! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Alesia OKeefe said...

Congratulations, you guys! I hate that I have to hear this news through the grapevine but...YAY!! John's trying to get us moved to Fort Carson, Colorado, so at least we'll be a lot closer. Keep me posted, and congrats again!!!

The Jones Family said...

Just wait til he comes out and looks at you with your grandpa's eyes, or has you mother-in-law's smile! It is such a neat experience to be a parent. I hope you guys are doing great!

Kirstin Patten said...

Well.... I had no idea you two were going to have a little one. Congrats!!