Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Redneck Husband

Yesterday was a blast. We went to Quail Creek and windsurfed and got sunburned, and then later on, we went to the Washington County Fair Demolition Derby. I have found that Gary's secret aspiration in life is to be a redneck. Every excuse he can get to act like one, he wholeheartedly dives in. I am kicking myself now that I let the batteries die in the camera. He had on some wranglers and boots that he got from a friend from Texas when he was in high school, and wore his Texas Longhorns shirt. He could barely walk, and when he did, it was sort of penguin-like. I had to help him tie his boots because he couldn't bend over enough to reach them. He even bought the jerky that comes in the round thing that looks like chew. Wow. I couldn't let him look like that all alone, so I wore some knee high cowgirl boots that I picked up at the DI. It was funny. I am just sad we didn't get any pics. I got a couple of the derby and then the batteries died. I guess it leaves it all up to the imagination.

7 comments:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

What a time for the batteries to die! I can only imagine you guys looked Awesome!

Katie said...

That reminds me of halloween our senior year when you guys dressed up as cowboys and gary stuffed about 10 socks into his pants. Good times, good times.

ChrisandSara said...

Yeah I finally found your blog. Wasn't the derby great! I think we may have to go next year, but let's take padded seats next time.
Our blog is chrisandsarapool.blospot

The Dicksons said...

Okay you can count me in for Volleyball. We went and played a couple of weeks ago and I forgot how much I love it. Call me next time you play. I will get Amber and Zach to come too.

Brittany said...

I'm totally visualizing this right now... hahahahahah! That is hilarious. Pictures would've been fabulous, good thing I can remember you guys doing this about 6 or 7 years ago in high school! (I can't believe it was THAT long ago!!!) I wish we lived closer to each other too!

Candace said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found me! I think blogging is a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I'm glad to see things are going good for you guys. Keep in touch!

Brittany said...

your layouts are always soo dang cute!