Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Since it is Thanksgiving, I thought I would list just a few of the things that I am grateful for.
  • my family--my great husband and our little mischeivious boy
  • that I have a knowledge of the reality of my Savior and Heavenly Father
  • cleaning up after a little boy all the time
  • when hard work pays off
  • that we survived the blizzard of 2010 (haha)
  • cars, electricity--all the things that those poor pioneers lived without--I know I would have never survived a winter without these things
  • the wonderful family that grew up in and the wonderful ones that I married into
  • Christmas and seeing peoples' faces light up when you give them their gifts
  • my talents
  • good friends that still hang out even when they have kids and life slows/speeds up a little for them
  • black friday deals--mostly I think it is fun to see Gary get so excited about them
  • Gary's contagious smile--(his Grandpa Schaugaard has it too!)
  • the funny things that Tucker does that Gary and I can't seem to stop talking about
  • that when Gary and I are trying to go to sleep at night we think, "Let's go get Tucker up and play with him!" because we just can't get enough of him
  • honest people
  • uplifting entertainment
  • music
  • our home
  • being a mom and being able to be a stay-at-home one
  • summer time--when you don't have to wear 50 layers of clothes to be at a decent temperature
  • my new sewing machine
  • thoughtful people
  • my computer
  • my camera
  • Paypal
  • when Tucker snuggles and lays his head on my shoulder
  • moments when you start laughing so hard that your stomach gets a workout
  • that I get to watch cable at the gym and that it is literally 2 minutes away from our house
  • when you can't think of too many things you want because you are so happy with what you have
  • my ancestors and their lives that ultimately affected my own

Oh...I feel so grateful and I couldn't possibly list everything. I hope to remember to be grateful everyday!

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I love your list! And I'm also glad you survived the blizzard :)

*Aliese* said...

@ Megan--
I **think** so...you can check the link in my last post to check.

Josh 'n Jenn said...

I liked it. I'm feeling a little more grateful myself! happy holidays you guys. Wish we still saw you around :(

Joni said...

I love your list!! I especially like the one about wanting to wake Tucker up to play with him. Dave and I always joke about that when we're laying in bed because we miss Jett so much for those few hours.