Monday, May 24, 2010

Tucker's 1st Birthday Fiesta

Here are some pictures of Tucker excitedly awaiting to celebrate his 1st Birthday Fiesta! We threw one for him on Saturday the 22nd. The theme was based on one of his favorite book series: Skippyjon Jones, by Judy Schachner. It's about a Siamese Cat who thinks he is a Chihuahua and has many adventures with his imaginary friends, the Los Chimichangos Chihuahuas.

Here is the invite that I designed for it:

It wouldn't be a fiesta without some food, friends, family, splish-splashin', a pinata, and sopapilla cheesecake!





In one of the Skippyjon Jones books, Skippyjon (el Skippito Friskito, the Great Sword Fighter) defeats the Great Bumblebeeto Bandito, who is actually Skippyjon's birthday pinata being stored in his closet. So I made Tucker a Great Bumblebito Bandito Pinata just like the one in the book. Tucker and all his little friends, Sophie, Lily, and Livi had fun trying to defeat it. Finally, Gary pitched it to Dallin who whacked it good.







After defeating the Great Bumblebeeto Bandito, we had fun opening presents and playing in the water!
Tucker wearing his cool new Tigger shirt!


Tucker playing catch with Gina and Darrell
Sophie and Livi playing in the water

Daddy helping Tucker go on the Slip-n-Slide
Jajue on the Slip-n-Slide
Jajue got cold

Playing with the new cars
Tucker and Jajue playing in the toybox that Daddy made for Tucker's birthday

Stay tuned for Sunday's adventures! I still have more to post about.
Also, I want to say thanks to all of you who helped out with the party!

8 comments:

Elena Loo said...

Man, what a fun party! You had SO many people there too! That's awesome! Tucker is such a cutie, he's getting so big! And also - i love that you took an idea for a party from a book! That will definitely be something I try! Love you lots!

TYLER & NICOLE JOHNSON said...

Great job with the bday party, it was super cute/fun!! I love the pic of little Tuckito in the sombrero!

Megan Young said...

Cute pics!! I can't believe he's already a year old!

The Tharps said...

What a fun party, and Tucker is so cute! Happy Birthday!

Adri Jo said...

Wow! looks like TONS of fun! You've got a freakin cute lil "Tuckito"!

Alyssa said...

You are such a cute mom! Looks like he had a blast, and I have read that book! It is very cute!

Amber said...

I found your blog because I was searching for Skippyjon Jones birthday ideas. I am planning on doing this theme for my son's 2nd birthday in October. I love the things you came up with. Could you happen to share where you got the font on the invitations? Thanks!
www.schoolroomoflife.com

Majique said...

I am planning a Skippyjon Jones themed first birthday party for my son and love the invitations you created. Can you tell me where you got the font for the invites? Or would you be willing to sell these as a customized printable or something? I would really appreciate the help! I can't find any other invitation that I like as much as the one you made!
Thanks!