Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Pictures

This year I ventured out to make Tucker's costume. I decided that he would probably like to be Mater from Cars. I found some costumes online, but they were pricey and just didn't cut it. So I took some leftover fabric that I had lying around and looking at some of the costumes online for a reference, I went to work. It honestly cost me about $5 to make, since I had the paint and the fabric already. I used wire hangers to make the frame. It did take some time to make though.

Well, Halloween came and I was going to take Tucker to the gym daycare while I went to a Zumba class. (Yes. I for sure look awkward doing Zumba at 8 months pregnant!) The kids were supposed to wear their costumes so they could go trick-or-treating around the gym. Tucker threw a major tantrum and would not put it on. I was bummed. I took it anyway and told them at the daycare that it was there for him. Then halfway through my class, the kids started to pile in. There he was wearing his Mater costume. I was so glad he wore it!

Then when our friends, the Callisters, came over to get ready for the trunk-or-treat, he would not wear it again. Maybe it was because it was boxy and had to go over his head. I really don't know. But when we got to the trunk-or-treat and he saw that we would not let him have any candy until he put on his costume, he decided to give it a try. After that, he had a blast trunk-or-treating and trying to tow everything around!

A lonely Tow Mater with no one that would wear him

Lily was more than happy to wear the Mater costume to show Tucker that it was cool.
Lily and Tucker playing in the leaves
Finally Tucker put on his costume!
Little Jack was the cutest little devil!
Tuck finally got some candy!
Proof that sometimes Tucker does follow the devil
Two little buddies eating their candy
Daddy and Tuck posing for a picture
He does like the costume after all! I wish wish wish this one was in focus!
Mommy and Tucker posing for a picture--Tucker has on his crazy candy hyper face!
The Callisters all posing for a picture. They were the cutest little Dr. Seuss characters ever! 
Wait--does Daddy know where he's going?
Tucker tried to tow everything: Lily...
...Jemima...
...and I think he was even convinced that he could tow our car.

7 comments:

Adri Jo said...

Super cute! Love the costumes guys. :-)

.. said...

You seriously made that?! You are so talented!!

CallisterCatch said...

Your are seriously the most talented person I know. Thanks for involving me in your crafts. We always enjoy hanging out with you guys.

Sandy said...

Lol What a cute kid!

Rachelle said...

Ok...You are so freaking talented!!! That is so darling!!!

justinandash said...

I absolutely love Tucker's costume! I'm so glad he ended up wearing it. :)

Janek said...

Super Amazing costumes!