Thursday, July 28, 2011

Potty Training: Day 3

I am quite possibly ready to pull out my hair. Today is day 3 of our "Three Day Potty Training" in which the queen of potty training explains, "In my experience, virtually all children can be potty trained at the
age of 22 months and can be trained in as few as three days." Oh and she also threw in, "Children with Apraxia of Speech can also be potty trained using this method. My fifth child, now 4 years old, has Childhood Apraxia of Speech and was potty trained at 22 months old in under 3 days using this method."

Well, I have totally stuck consistently with this method that for everyone else I know who has tried it, it has worked for. Tucker is not even close.

Apparently my child is the exception. I am convinced that he loves water and being wet so much that he would go pee anywhere just so he could dance in it. Sick. I know that he understands that he needs to go in the potty, but just does not want to. He will poop in the toilet, but not pee.

I "threw out" all our diapers and the training said to stay with the potty training with big boy pants and that you should not revert back to diapers, ever.

Any tips? Anyone? I am desperate.

4 comments:

justinandash said...

I'm so sorry! I have yet to train Sophie, but I'm planning next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My mom is coming over to help me on Friday since I have Katie. She has also potty trained lots of children, so she may have some ideas. Good luck!

Nicole said...

I have not potty trained my own kids. But I took care of my sisters kids and one of them was in the process of potty training. We would get "potty books" form the library and read them while sitting on the potty. Sometimes we would read the books 15 times in a day. Insane, right? But my sisters daughter had a hard time pooping in the toilet and not peeing. So we had a candy jar, just an old babyfood jar, and everytime she would "push" to get her poo poo out. She would get a candy in the jar. And then when she finally went poop in the toilet, she got the whole jar of candy. It worked for her. So maybe try something like that. :) :) good luck!

ChrisandSara said...

We used lots of treats and bribery. It took more than 3 days too. I let livi wear pull-ups for naps only and diapers for bed just in case. Good luck. I didn't totally like or agree with the 3-day method. We kinda did our own thing after day 1. I think just do whatever Tucker will do. Today was day 6 for us and no accidents!

Tami said...

Hey sounds exactly like what we're going through with Maddie! She could care less if she pees all over herself. Even treats aren't working!