Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Naughty Napper

Lately I have been watching a friend's little 1 year old girl, Taylor. I realize more and more each day how much Tucker does not ever want to sleep. He just wants to be up with the party even when there is no party going on. At nap time, all I have to do for Taylor is set her in the little pack-and-play with a blanket and leave the room. She doesn't hardly even cry. Tucker on the other hand... I have to do the checklist.
  1. Binky: Check.
  2. Silky: Check.
  3. Blanky: Check.
  4. Music: Check.
Even then, he still makes this terrible moaning noise like I have just ruined his whole day. If I leave the room too early, he starts screaming and will scramble to sit up. He will put his hands around the "prison" bars, like maybe if he shakes them, somehow he can break free from this terrible prison time called nap time. Pretty much, I can just hear his words through his baby talk, "Mom! You can't do this too me!" Eventually he does go to sleep. Oh boy.

2 comments:

.. said...

Just put him in the crib, make sure nothing in there can harm him, and let them cry themselves to sleep. It may take an hour but eventually you will be able to leave him in there every night and he will cry for a few minutes, then fall fast asleep. I have had a few cousins and my sisters did that, it worked within one week.

The Jones Family said...

That's the problem with cramming that much personality into such a small body! He is just too smart and cute for his own good! We are really going to miss you guys this weekend, Kody's working :( Love you sooo much, and we're so happy for you!